
Jordan, I hope you remember the things you were told and taught in your Priesthood Preview.
Brother Neerings talked about the restoration of the Aaronic Priesthood by John the Baptist to Joseph Smith on the banks of the Susquehanna River.
Brother Dean showed you a picture of President Hinkley when he was 12 years old and he showed you how to remember 3 important things: Study, Pray, Serve.
Bishop Bjorklund told you about what opportunities you will have as a deacon - to pass the sacrament, collect fast offerings, hold the microphone in testimony meeting, take the sacrament to a care center, and other things the bishop asks of you. He said, "We'll be serving together as a team."
The priesthood is what sets our church apart from all other churches. We have the authority - directly from God - to act in his name. It's a very special thing for you to be able to hold the priesthood. Jordan, I hope you'll keep yourself worthy and appreciate this amazing gift. I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment